A Message for Young Brothers and Sisters
We're glad you've found us! We think young sibs rock!
While you are on our website, here are few things you might want to check out:
Sibshops. In case they’re new to you, Sibshops are really fun events for young sibs of kids with special needs. There are hundreds of Sibshops around the world so there might be one near where you live. No Sibshop in your area? You might want to help get one started by writing or calling us at 206-297-6368.
Read books by and about young sibs. We have three:
• Views from Our Shoes (45 brief essays written by sibs ages 4-18);
• The Sibling Slam Book (written with the help of 80 teen sibs from four countries); and
• Living with a Brother or Sister with Special Needs (which provides lots of information on various disabilities).
While we’re proud of our books there are other good books about sib issues for young readers. Here are a few of our favorites:
• Tru Confessions;
• Are You Alone on Purpose?;
• Al Capone Does My Shirts; and