Links to related sites
Below please find links to website on sibling-related topics nominated by members of the SibNet, SibKids, and SibGroup communities. If you'd like to recommend a website (or report one of the following links as broken), please write to us.
- Disability Scoop. Disability Scoop is the brainchild of Michelle Diament and Shaun
Heasley, professional journalists who saw the need for a central,
reliable source of information within this community. And as the sister
of an adult with autism, Michelle knows firsthand the issues that
families, caregivers and people with disabilities face everyday. At Disability Scoop you will find articles gathered from across
the web and original content.
- The Arc: Across the United States, chapters of The Arc work tirelessly on behalf of children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Committed to families' concerns, The Arc can provide you with support and information how to help your sibling lead a dignified life.
- Family Village: A Global Community of Disability-Related Resources. A remarkably comprehensive website that "integrates information, resources, and communication opportunities on the Internet for persons with cognitive and other disabilities, for their families, and for those that provide them services and support".
Newspaper and Other Online Articles on Sibling Issues and Sibling Support
- "Siblings of Disabled Children Have Own Special Needs" from The New York Times
Future Planning and Other Sites of Possible Interest to Adult Brothers and Sisters
- "All in the Family: As Their Parents Age or Die, More People are Assuming Responsibility for the Care of Siblings with Severe Mental and Developmental Disabilities" from The Washington Post
- Estate Planning from the National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities
Links to Some of Our Favorite Sibling-Related Books
- The Ride Together by Judy and Paul Karasik
- Riding the Bus with My Sister by Rachel Simon
- Special Siblings by Mary McHugh
Sibling Support Efforts in Other Countries
- Sibsupport.nz New Zealand
- Siblings Australia, Inc.
- Sibs United Kingdom
- Yasuko Arima's Webpage about sibling support in Japan
- Italian Sibling Group
Other Valuable Sibling-Related Websites
- The Sibling Connection, about siblings who have experienced the death of a brother or sister
- Band-Aids and Blackboards, for kids who have medical problems — and their sibs